I posted this photo to Instagram yesterday and a couple of my friends asked for the recipe. It’s so dead easy that I really hesitate to call it a recipe. Here’s what I do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Put cooked chickpeas in a bowl. I used canned chickpeas most of the time, because the whole point of this snack is how quick + easy it is, but if you cook them from dry, they will have even better texture.
3. Mix some olive oil and seasonings with the chickpeas. Salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin–whatever you feel like.
4. Pour the chickpeas onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or so. I usually start checking them after 10-15 minutes, and take them out when either (a) they are super crisp on the outside, but still tender on the inside, or (b) I can’t wait anymore.
5. Eat them all immediately.
I totally need quick, warm, satisfying snacks this time of year, otherwise I will definitely just eat apple pie three times a day. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.